Sunday, November 11, 2012

Dishonoring Veterans - Why would you do that?!


Dishonoring Veterans - Why would you do that?!

A reflection on Veterans Day that some may not think about.

Every election cycle is close to the holiday Veterans Day. Yet it seems that every year we fall further and further away from the principles and honors that they have fought and died for. As normal, there are some will be displeased with what I have to say on this, but here it is, so buckle up.

 It appears that there are a number of items that have occurred in this country that really call into question our allegiances. I wonder if those who are voting, in actuality are voting, against those veterans that gave them and continue to give them the that very privilege. All that serve take this very oath that reads as follows (for those who were unaware):

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the constitution of the united states against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the president of the united states and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the uniform code of military justice. so help me god.

The constitution, a document that many like to differ to but true sincerity of that is obvious in the actions they put forth. If you ask any Marine what their chain of command is they will most likely respond similarly to those words in film, “Unit, Corp, God, Country”, and their actions reflect that. Additionally, in part, the oath to become a United States citizen states, in part, “I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same”... “  I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God”.

When anyone of us who do not vote, fraudulently vote, alter the vote or vote for those whom have not shown in their actions those same allegiances then do we not dishonor those who have honored us time and time again? Do we not turn our back on those that allow us the freedoms and privileges we enjoy?

So as Americans can we not use a little common since before we cast our ballot and ask ourselves; Is this a person that I want to represent me and is going to simply uphold to the words in either oath? Do we not have to give those that have fought defending that oath and the constitution the respect they have well deserved? So why then do we elect those that do not show, by their actions, that they “bear true faith and allegiance to the same”?

So take a moment today, in fact every day, to not only do what you as an American citizen have sworn to do but to pay tribute to those whom have taken that oath and gone into harm’s way for you and your children’s very way of life.



As for me and my family, we will pay homage to veterans by voting for those who act as they have spoken in the defense of the constitution of the United States and the veterans that fight for it.




Before I go, let me pull the fuse on those whom want to delineate myself and these views as wrongful or that I am saying that those who vote a certain way are unpatriotic. I say to you, Freedom of Speech, another thing that our great HEROES have afforded us.  
 
Until next time.

As always I welcome your comments, feedback and input of all kinds. Please, if you like what you see let people know by sharing this with them. 

2 comments:

  1. BOOOOOOO!!!!!! Veterans are stupid!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it nice Jim, to be able to speak as you wish, when you wish and where you wish? All thanks to those "Veterans" that "are stupid!!!!" So nice that they give it all for your right to do just that.

    ReplyDelete