Thursday, November 8, 2012

Bet you can’t figure this one out!


Bet you can’t figure this one out!


Simple leaf reach lampoon empty shark winter of pounce.

Can outreach area rock dinner planet.

Now you’re thinking most likely one of two things; what the hell? or did I read that right? You may have even read both those sentences a couple of times to make sure it was what you thought it was. This is my point for this addition, don’t worry I’ll get to it.

Quickly two authors notes: First - many, unless you spell like me, picked up on the spelling in the blog title. I had to take some quick artistic license there to get the site name I wanted. Second - I am a simple, Midwest raised, US Navy Vet, lower income Dad and Husband that simply feels that common since (got ya) needs to be restored in order get this country back to allow for my children to enjoy what was left to me. With that said let’s move on.  

So much is being spun, cycled, evaluated, critiqued and pontificated upon about what happened? What did we do wrong? Is the country changing and how does the GOP or us as conservative thinkers change with it? What do we have to do to get the other voting blocs? All very valid questions if you’re a politician or pundit yet if your pragmatic or like me just applying common since then you are probably better suited to figure it out.

Do we have to change, I guess to a certain degree. But one thing I learned from my wise and enlighten parents was that with each of the six children they did have to change some of the rules to change with the times but that their core beliefs and principals were never to be compromised upon. For if that occurred then you will have taken the foundation out from under the building and now what do you have?

The politician or pundit pontificate (sorry just fun to say out loud) about the aforementioned issues with one thing firing in their cranium, how to win elections. When their theory meets reality for some reason planned theoretic strategy may or may not work in the end. Think back (for some back further than others) you thought if you had a cape like Superman you could fly like him or if you had a lasso it would have the power that Wonder Woman’s had. Well for me that ended up in a broken ankle hence theory and reality met head on and it simply didn't work out. This unfortunately has been the mindset for those in the GOP who like to say that they are the conservative party for quite some time now. 

Whereas those in the progressive movement figured out a long time ago what I have put into quite simple terms; People are two things, they are curious and they are cattle. This is my feeble, non psychological attempt to put things more simply. Reality is that all people to a certain degree are curious and want to know what something new is about. Additionally, they are as cattle are, they will go where the herd is at. So the application of snappy rhetoric and telling those that will listen that somehow they are something new is by nature appealing. Then when you have achieved that, those who are willing will follow the herd, and in essence spawning the progressive stampede to that end. Which is what I think we have been observing for now a number of years.

So why are those whom wish to take us back to what make this country great thinking like politicians or pundits?  Why are we not using simple common since. Instead of trying to figure it out, instead of trying to equivocate or muddle the issues, why are we not simplifying what made this country great and making it new again. Would that not be like igniting that natural curiosity and then letting the herd go to where that leads them. Then once the herd starts to move we will then be able to achieve what we are attempting to achieve, that is, allowing the force of the people to self correct to that in which this country initially embraced.
Let’s get a couple of things clear. For those thinking that I am identifying progressives as cattle grow up and do not attempt to demonize or twist that into something it is not. Furthermore, it is not brainwashing or manipulation I am speaking of but a choice of a direction to follow. If either of those were to be true then I do ask you to competently rationalize the difference between my common since suggestion and the ideals you have been following for quite some time, because that is what is being done likely unknowingly to you.

Along with this comes before us now the issue of compromise, yep there is that seemingly dirty hateful word again to some both on the left and on the right. I am keeping my full assessment of that single word for most likely my next publication for one main reason, there is a lot to ring out of that one. But in this addition I will simply say that we have learned from history that on certain issues, no matter how you want to look at it, some things cannot be compromised upon and still maintain a country as it was initially created and what made it great. Again, that will be in an upcoming article so stay tuned for that.  
   
For now we have to start the engine, hold to those principles that we cannot compromise upon, grab the wheel tight and stay as much between the lines as we can or it won’t be long that no matter what we do we will be looking at one another, from the left or from the right and saying,  Bet you can't figure this one out!

Until next time.

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Dude, did you not get it? If not check back because I will be getting further into it tomorrow.

      Delete
    2. Yeah I guess I didn't really get it. I think a lot of it went over my head. Did you read it? Do you think this guy really broke his ankle pretending to be wonderwoman?

      Delete
  2. Well yea I read it, I wrote it. And I broke my ankle playing Superman jumping off a hay stack 15 high. Simply put, we have to make what worked look new again. If we can do that we have started to win the battle. We have to make old ideas that made the country the greatest in the world work in the minds of those who have not been taught them or have forgotten them. Yet we have to do it without compromising our foundation of principles and/or ideas. So now we start that process. I am just trying to help the process along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first two sentences really speak to me!!!! And don't listen to pooptrooper, Joel--- he's one of those MOONBATS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come on guys. I'm just trying to make since of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you keep misspelling since, pooptrooper!!!!!! GET A DICTIONARY.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For you that have not read one of the latest article I explain that I use it that way because common sense was taken so I needed to alter the spelling to get the blog site name I wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still don't get the first two sentences!!!! Is it in Canadian?!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The point is, no one seams to be able to figure out what happens and where we go from here. It all makes as much.sense as those sentences do.

    ReplyDelete